Ambiani is a digital project; its development is co-funded by the town of Péronne, the DRAC (Directions régionales des affaires culturelles) Hauts-de-France / the Ministry of Culture and Communication and cultural sponsorship.
AMBIANI is :
- The combined venture of two start-up companies in Picardy - ewill (Amiens) and Studio-Ramble3d (Compiègne) – and the Musée Alfred-Danicourt team (Péronne).
- A technological and scientific achievement based on Alfred Danicourt’s collection of Gallic coins, national treasure conserved in Péronne.
- An innovative website and multi-faceted Internet application (educational, recreational, interactive)
- A world first in the field of ancient coinage and 3D: no other numismatic collection in the world is presented in 3D.
The Hauts-de-France region possesses two valuable resources that the public rarely associates: archaeology on the one hand, and technological skill and initiative on the other.
As for the ewill and Studio-Ramble3D companies, supported by CCI Amiens-Picardie, they possess unique and innovative skills in digitisation, enhancing locations and objects in 3D.
- ewill is a web agency, specialising in the design and set-up of Open Source websites and applications (a free and adaptable database): the company provides sound technical experience, mastery of the most effective technologies, and a background of constant research into the most appropriate solutions.
- Studio-Ramble3d provides 3D content for many different sectors such as architecture, design, real estate and industry, etc. – a team of dynamic and responsive professionals with over 14 years of experience in the field of 3D, keeping a watchful eye on new technologies.
Ambiani.fr is :
- the 1st collection of Gallic archaeology totally accessible online in 3D
- the 1st public numismatic collection that can be consulted by everyone, throughout the world
- the 1st virtual stater mint aimed at young audiences.
From the images of the obverse, the reverse and the slice, we made 3D models with meshes and texture.
The display being done on a website, it was necessary to optimize the 3D files to allow faster loading on the site.
In parallel with digitization, we worked on site features, design and realized the Ambiani platform logo.
We realized the design and the graphical ergonomics of the tactile terminal interface to allow an enriched experience for museum visitors
Once the parts modeled in 3D, we realized the reader allowing to visualize from all the angles a room while allowing a tactile use for the smartphones and tablets but also for the terminal of the museum. 3D immersion is also possible by putting your smartphone in a virtual reality headset.